December is here. Do you think that the planting season is over? The truth is there are many things you can plant in December. We’re going to look at the things that can be planted in December so you know what you can do this month.
Vegetables to Plant in December
Don’t worry – there are plenty of vegetables you can plant this month. Below are some of them that you want to try.
· Carrots – You can grow them in some deep pots so that they can be brought inside if the weather turns really cold
· Cabbage – You can grow this inside or outside, depending on your state.
· Garlic – You can grow this indoors inside pots.
· Radishes – They are very hardy vegetables
· Lettuce = This can be planted throughout the year.
· Kale – Tastes great following a frost.
Herbs to Plant in December
Now that the holiday season is here, you want to make sure that you have plenty of fresh herbs for your holiday feats. Here are some herbs that you can plant this month.
· Cilantro – Great to eat in a salad or if you like Asian cuisine
· Oregano – A must-have when you are cooking Italian
· Parsley – There are so many things that you can do with this.
· Rosemary – Offers a nice, Mediterranean smell.
· Sage – Perfect to use in your holiday stuffing
· Thyme – Another important seasoning for the holidays.
· Thyme is another important holiday seasoning
Things to Plant in December indoors in Pots
Even if you don’t want to plant things outside because it’s too cold, there are things that do well in pots.
· Flower bulbs like daffodils and tulips
· Some vegetables like spinach, carrots, and kale
· Herbs like rosemary, oregano, and parsley
· Chiles and garlic
Flowers to Plant in December
Spring may be a few months away, but you can get your flowers started now.
· Geraniums – They are great in pots
· Snapdragons – These flowers are fairly tough
· Sweet Peas – Come in many colors
· Pansies – They bloom really long
· Violas – Do well in the cooler weather
These are just some of the things that you can plant in December. Remember that we offer garden services, so contact us if you’re interested in a quote. You can also connect with us on Facebook.
Leave a Reply