Since leaves are now falling and causing a lot of mess on your lawn, you are going to want to find a way to get them cleaned up. But should you use a rake or leaf blower? Today we are going to look at the debate – rake vs leaf blower and see what their pros and cons are.
Rake Vs Leaf Blower – Rake Advantages & Disadvantages
· Good for the environment – Since you just use your good old-fashioned elbow grease, it’s a lot better for the environment.
· Affordable – Rakes are a lot less expensive than leaf blowers. You can usually find a good rake for around $20 or so.
· Low Maintenance – You don’t have to worry about a lot of maintenance for a rake.
· Takes Longer to do – Since it’s manual labor, it’s going to take a lot more time to do the work.
· Can be Hard on Your Back – This can make your back and shoulders very sore.
Rake Vs Leaf Blower – Leaf Blower Advantages & Disadvantages
· Efficient – You’re going to be able to do the work a lot more quickly. When you turn it on, you’re able to turn it in any direction and begin blowing.
· Easy to Work – It’s not necessary to be strong to use it. You can easily use it and you simply just need to walk in your yard. The majority of them come with straps that you can hang on your body.
· Great for Those with Bad Backs – You don’t have to worry about bending over.
· Versatile – You can use it for a variety of purposes, such as for blowing snow.
· Noisy – Whereas rakes are quiet, leaf blowers are not.
· Expensive – Leaf blowers are a lot more expensive than rakes, so sometimes they can be a bit out of reach for some people.
· Maintenance – Unlike with rakes which require a lot less maintenance, you are going to find that you have to do maintenance on your leaf blower. It will require repairs and other things to keep it running right.
These are some of the advantages and disadvantages that there are when you choose a rake vs a leaf blower. When you are trying to decide on one, think of what each has to offer and then make the right decision. Intersted in having some landscaping done? We offer many services. Contact us here or on Facebook.