Fall is here and I don’t know about you but I’d like a few things organized before it gets too cold (and I get too lazy). I know so many of us are working from home these days so a bit of decluttering might make the day go by a bit easier.
- Get rid of clothes you no longer wear or need. This seems like an obvious one but how many of us have a closet full of things we haven’t worn in years? If an item is damaged or stained, use it as a cleaning rag. If there’s still life in it, donate! Someone else will love it just as much as you once did.
- Once you’ve whittled down your wardrobe, it’s time to organize that closet. Put like clothes together by season with your fall/winter clothes front and center. If you don’t have a shoe rack, move your sandals and lightweight shoes to the back and put your boots and the like where you can easily reach them (or get a little shoe rack near the front door).
- Working from home? Don’t forget to organize your work space. Have everything you need handy so you don’t have to search high and low for paper and a pen. Is your chair comfortable? Is your laptop at a comfortable level? Invest now on something both stylish and functional to make your days go smoother.
- Check out your wood stove or fireplace. Empty any leftover ash and clean the exteriors with a commercial grade cleaner meant specifically for your stove. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, call a chimney sweep to perform maintenance (yes, there are still chimney sweeps!). Order firewood now!
- Your car should be checked out now. Make sure you have your vehicle winterized by a professional. How’s the battery? Do you need snow tires? When was the last time you had the system flushed? Make an appointment with your mechanic now. Have you neglected the interior over the summer? Time to get rid of any garbage, vacuum and clean it (or better yet, take it to be professionally detailed!). Support your small businesses now.
- Get your rakes and blowers ready! The leaves will be falling soon so you’ll want to have everything ready to go if you’re going to do your own fall cleanup. Rather not deal with it yourself? Let our professional crews take care of it for you! This service is a great way to prepare your lawn and property for the winter season.
Do you have some favorite organizing tips? Share them!
Leave a Reply