With a very strange spring behind us (almost!) we head into the summer and Phase 2 of the Governor’s plan to reopen the state. The beaches will be open as of June 1st with some restrictions in place. It almost seems like the carefree days of summer are a thing of the past but we can do this and still have fun.
Are you looking for some suggestions for things to do this year?
- How about a hike? There are plenty of places to get out and enjoy the weather and we are so lucky here in the Ocean State to be able to access them so easily. Here in South County there are trails both on the coast as well as inland. When was the last time you walked the South County Bike Path? There is a new addition that leads right to the University of Rhode Island. Make a day of it! Pack a backpack with a picnic, grab the kids and get out there! How about Rome Point? It’s a great place to explore, relax and maybe see a seal. Go early or on a weekday.
- Take an online exercise class! Gyms are opening (slowly) but if you prefer working out at home, there are dozens of free classes available. Love the idea of a Peloton bike but don’t have the $$$ for it? There’s an app for that. You can access all kinds of classes and use your own exercise bike, treadmill, yoga mat, or weights. We’ve all been so stressed with Covid-19. How about a yoga class? Youtube has dozens of free classes for every level. Just want to march in place in your living room? Leslie Sansone has her own Youtube channel with classes for every member of the family.
- Adopt a pet. Have you ever thought “I want a pet, but I don’t have the time to housetrain one right now”? So many of us are working from home, with no definite return to office date that this might be the perfect time to go to your local shelter and find a new friend.
- Have a spa day at home. Order some bath salts, some candles and a face mask and spend some time relaxing in your own place! You’re worth it. If you have little ones, you might want to wait till they’re asleep so you can enjoy the peace and quiet. Are your little ones not-so-little anymore? Have them join you! Soak your nails and give yourselves a mani-pedi. Self care is the best care!
- Garden. Put on your gloves, get out and pull some weeds and plant some flowers or veggies. Need some suggestions for plants or want some help building some raised beds? Call us! We have crews that can get you on your way to having a beautiful, bountiful garden.
Now is the time to get out and enjoy the weather with the ones we love. This spring was challenging for all of us so have a great month and relax!
Leave a Reply